Neural Computation and Engineering Minor Requirements
An outline of the minor’s suggested prerequisites and required courses can be viewed here.
Minimum of 30 credits as follows:
- Either BIOEN 466 Neural Computation and Engineering Lab (co-listed with NEUSCI 405) or both NEUSCI 301 Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience and NEUSCI 302 Systems and Behavioral Neuroscience
- BIOEN 460 Neural Engineering
- AMATH 342 Neural Coding and Computation
- One course on neuro/medical ethics- PHIL 442 (Neuroethics) or CSE 490T (Intelligent Machinery) preferred; PHIL 242, 409, 460, BH 311, 420 also accepted
- Capstone BIOEN 461 Neural Engineering Tech Studio OR NEUSCI 445 Quantitive Methods in Neuroscience
- Electives: At least 12 additional graded credits from the approved list
- Minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA for courses counted toward the minor
- Minimum of 18 credits outside of the student’s major
Electives (need at least 12 credits graded). Note, courses cannot satisfy both required and elective options.
Two examples of potential course sequences are shown below. Please note that as the minor has many different options, your individual curriculum may vary. Please make an advising appointment with us if you have any questions.