Neural Computation and Engineering Minor Requirements
An outline of the minor’s suggested prerequisites and required courses can be viewed here.
Minimum of 30 credits as follows:
- AMATH 342 Neural Coding and Computation (Winter quarter)
- BIOEN 460 Neural Engineering (Autumn quarter)
- BIOEN 466 Neural Computation and Engineering Lab (Winter quarter)
- Neuroscience majors only: NEUSCI 301 Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience and NEUSCI 302 Systems and Behavioral Neuroscience may be completed instead of BIOEN 466
- One course on neuro/medical ethics- PHIL 442 (Neuroethics), PHIL 242, 409, 460, BH 311, 420
BIOEN 461 Neural Engineering Tech Studio (Spring quarter)
NEUSCI 445 Quantitative Methods in Neuroscience (Winter quarter)
- Electives: At least 12 additional graded credits from the approved list
- Minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA for courses counted toward the minor
- Minimum of 18 credits outside of the student’s major
Electives (need at least 12 credits graded). Note, courses cannot satisfy both required and elective options.
The electives list is updated annually; however please note some classes may not be offered on a regular basis or may be major-restricted. Please reach out to our advisor if you have questions on electives. Courses not on the list may be approved for minor credit on an individual basis.
Two examples of potential course sequences are shown below. Please note that as the minor has many different options, your individual curriculum may vary. Please make an advising appointment with us if you have any questions.